Monday, April 8, 2024

#47 - General Conference, Round 2... RUN!!!🦾🏃‍♂️ (4/8/24)

E aí a gente!!? Tudo beleza? Como foi a conferência para vocês? Só assisti 2 sessões 😅 [What's up with us!!? Is everything ok? How was the conference for you? I only attended 2 sessions]

In the road
Hey guys! Hows the eclipse going right now? For me, I just see a sky of gray with the rain😆

But in other words, another week has come and gone and we have all grown another week older and with this conference this last week, we have gotten A WHOLE lot wiser... except me who still hasn't seen it😅(i was working on helping others watch)

I love Colombo

Boys im Colombo

In other words, here is the update from this week:

CAPIVARA! [In portuguese]

Monday - I SAW A CAPIVARA (idk how to spell) but its like this giant beaver rat and they are AWESOME! (If anyone sells capivaras in the US, hit me up!) We also got to have authentic Brazilian strogonoff with some members and i got to practice cutting hair (thanks mom for being my inspiration)

Tuesday - Put the gift of tongues to the test today with speaking spanish! There are a lot of people living here who are from Venezuela and some of them dont speak any português só I used what I knew of the two to explain that we are missionários, where the church is located, and get his number. And the Holy ghost provided! We also had our missionary work meeting with the ward and while waiting, i crashed a seminary class that was happening and i got called to explain how prayer is like a burger and só... prayer is like a burger with a top and bottom (opening and closing) and what you ask for in the middle.😅🍔 lets just say i got a few laughs out of the youth

The 8 elders [including Elder Child from Chicago, back middle]
Wednesday - Zone conference! My biggest take away was from President Bikman when we read 3 nephi 12. After reading the first verse, it explains we are to listen to the words of Christs prophets and apostles and Bikman said we should never have a reason to miss a session of conference and so, that is my goal for the rest of my life. Tô not miss a live session of conference. After the conference, i did a division with our new AP, Elder Lizana (my former Zone Leader). We ended up visiting this reference and reading the Book of mormon with them and when we asked if the family had been baptized, Esteffany responded no and I invited her to be baptized. She then explained she had the chance to be baptized earlier in life but regretted running from it and earlier that morning she asked God to give her another chance. We were that chance for her. I never felt the spirit so strong and I was glad to see how the Spirit guided me to help her make this choice. We are now helping her to get married and baptized!

Ping pong

Thursday - We had lunch at the church today and our church has a ping pong table só Elder Black and I played a bit. Turns out, im not too bad! Anyone who wants to play after the mish, hit me up in a year and 2 months!😆 but we actually had a ward activity with some fun games for the kids and we brought 2 investigators with us! I also found a new dog named CARAMEL 2.0!!

Caramel

Friday - Im between talking with everyone on the road and knocking a lot of doors inviting people to watch conference, we had lunch with a member family who has family in Utah. Because they have family there, they get american food like Syrup! They showed this syrup bottle to us and I freaked out!!! 🤯 its been so long!! I hope that i am able to find the family after the mish and keep with the portuguese 😁

Ward activity

Saturday - Day 1 of conference! We went to clean the church and guess what we found.... CARAMEL LOCKED IN THE BUILDING!😬 he was okay and actually helped with the cleaning. We also found a melon that someone left out of the fridge só I quickly threw that out. We then went to go visit our baptism date Luis who was drunk! He said he didnt want to get baptized anymore and so his date fell but i know that one day he will take that step. We then began the marathon of visiting our friends and inviting everyone to church. Sadly though, majority of them weren't home. Só at the end of the day we went back home to watch the last session and Elder Black ended up tearing apart our broken fan and blew a fuse (luckly we quickly fixed it👍)

[Caramel found locked in the church]

Sunday - Day 2 of Conference! We went around today inviting people to watch conference and watch the final session with us at the church. Sadly, everyone fell through and we didnt have many people at the church but, we enjoyed the last session with those who were there.

I think as humans, it can be very easy for us to see the bad and begin to complain but that won't ever help or solve anything. I think ive truly realized the importance of aligning our will with gods and trusting in his timing. I think to 2 nephi 4:16-35. It is easy to give in to these temptations of thoughts but as verse 27 and 34 says, trust in God, i have no reason to give into temptation when I have done my part. God loves effort and we are successful when we feel the spirit working through us (PMG 13-14)

found a silly hat like his sister used to have
 

bad internet connection, so call cut short

Love you all and I hope next week to give you my conference thoughts (i also invite all of you to do the same and not miss a session of conference as each session is a sacred moment to receive personal revelation)

Até mais!

- Elder 🐟 er