Monday, April 15, 2024

#48 - It aint pineapple... its a WATERMELON?!🤯🍍🍉

 E aí beleza? Como vai meus amigos? Como está vida, a missão, comida, qualquer coisa?😆

[Hey, what's up? How are you my friends? How is life, the mission, food, anything?]

Selfie with the boys


Churrasco Mondays

After stuffing myself with churrasco (barbeque) and heading to the church, im now sitting down and writing to you all. So here is the update for this week:


Monday - While going out for lunch, i visited "a casa China" (the China house) a store in Osasco that sells stuff from all over the world (and sadly only notebooks that are daily planners😥) but Elder Lopez and I found these hats that extend when you squeeze the sides! I lowkey wanted to buy them!


Tuesday - New missionary training for the 4th time!😂 Honestly dont know if I will have to go back for a 5th time but time will tell! It was honestly really cool to see how much I have grown and how I had a lot to contribute to the new trainers who were having hard times training. But of course, the highlight was the lunch afterwards with pizza seven! ... i ate too much😅

Zone Conference (from last week)

New missionary training meeting
Wednesday - Early morning service! Woke up this morning and went with a member to help his friend clean his yard. We even outed his yard with this sand he had and helped take out the gate to his backyard. It was full of dirt and trash so it took us a while to get it all out but now, our friend has access to his backyard! (We were also like Wreck it Ralph and destroyed a wall with a Hammer!) We then worked during the day and ended our day with our friend Cido. He is looking for the right church and when we came by, we were welcomed by 5 dogs and 4 cats and a full on dinner! By the time we taught, we had like 3 minutes so I gave them a quick lesson on the Book of Mormon and invited them to read and pray!

          
Elder Black and I cleaning the backyard               Early morning sérvice selfie                              

Thursday - Had another run in with Alexandra again (a drunk lady) and this time she wipped something off my face... lets just say i like my personal space😅 While knocking doors today, Elder Black and I found a set of stairs and started climbing them. When we readed the top, we found out they were a dead end and immediately went back down (good exercise though!) Also had a "princess and the frog" moment today. While teaching an old man, Valdecir, a yellow wasp came out of no where and stayed right in front of my mouth and then sat on my lip. I dont think it was true love though cause the wasp stayed as a wasp🤣

Horseshoe? Nauvoo blacksmith anyone?

Friday - Early morning temple visit! I always love starting my day in the house of the Lord. Later that day we had a run in with this biker who asked us which ward we were a part of and hearing this I asked him, "are you a member?" And yeah he was! We met Pedro and told him of the ward here and he wants to come back! Highlight of the day was getting a spiritual prompting to talk with this man sitting outside his house. His name is Amalio and we found out he hasn't been baptized or attends a church but was asking for God to give him a new life. So we taught him about The Church of Jesus Christ, Ths Book of Mormon, and Baptism and he accepted to be baptized! He truly wants this new life with Christ! Then finished our day meeting with this couple who offered us watermelon... that was YELLOW?! I literally thought it was pineapple but, IT WASNT!!🤯😵‍💫

Saturday - Shoutout to the Jardim Osasco ward! We had a lot of members at the church to clean with us today! We did a full blown deep clean and it was awesome to see everyone putting God first in their lives. Reminds me of cleaning the church back home with my family and ward members. I hope to be able to continue this habit of cleaning the church or maybe the temple each week when I get back

cleaning thr stairs

Sunday - Brought 8 investigators to church, 3 of which are kids we are hoping to help baptize this next week or the next, and the others included Amalio and our friend Gerson who arrived on their own! Amalio ended up sending me a message later after the church saying he believes we were divinly sent by God and we were the answer he needed to turn his life around and leave his hard family life situation. The rest of the day was just rain so we didnt visit many people but we got to visit our friend Andrus and taught him some english phrases. Andrus learned a phrase "I must be going" and I told him we normally say "i gotta go" and Elder Black started laughing. I didnt even realize the context of what I said until Elder Black explained to me. Oops😅  

The elders were tired🤣

I think something I truly learned this week as a missionary was to pray for God to prepare his children and prepare us to find them. I know that he does as we were able to find Amalio. Another thing, it isnt so much as I am helping people, but that God is by way of me. We are instruments in his hands to bless his children. (3 nephi 5:13)

The hills of Osasco
 

Ditto!

Love you all and Ill talk to ya next week!

- Elder Fisher🐟